Bad news: I seem to have gotten the gray early gene because they keep coming in! I know that it's silly for me to have counted how many I've had but come on, we all do this when we first notice gray hair ... right? (ahem, 5 so far but who's counting?) anyway, I'm not impressed with the silver going on in a particular place on my forhead, but I've recently decided to let them grow. Bring it on gray hair! cause I'm hoping that I get a SWEET gray streak like Stacy London on the tv show what not to wear. (That's not an awesome pic of her, but it shows her gray streak really well.)
This past sunday I signed up for a pilates class downtown and will hereby participate in all sunday morning classes there unless I'm out of town or move. The class was actually very relaxing (backwards of an exercise class, I know) because every movement is done on an inhale or an exhale. It's very focused on breathing and that helps me as an asthmatic immensely.Also, turns out I work with the grim reaper. There's a health and safety guy here that if he shows up to your site, there was a fatality. I never knew I'd be working with celebrities!
Nothing happened this past weekend, I'm going to the symphony tonight, thanks to my boss' ability to supply me tickets (and I'm dragging Pat much to his chagrin). Tomorrow night I'm going to see the Marriage of Figaro by my lonesome and that concludes my planned entertainment for the week. I will have to entertain myself with my NEW CABLE TV! It's nothing fancy, just basic cable on a 32" vizio lcd flatscreen, but i tell you that having tv is awful nice, if just for background noise!
Work is going fine - I'm off to the mine today and i'm really getting my hands dirty in a couple other projects. FINALLY! It's slightly frustrating cause sometimes I feel like my boss and co-worker forget what it's like to be a graduate and not know everything backwards and forwards already. But it's coming along, which is good news.
In honor of St. Patricks Day and our irish heritage I want to sing an Irish song ... but I don't know any except Danny Boy and ... ew. so I included some lyrics to one of my faves (and I know it's yours too!)
A long time ago when the earth was green
There were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen
They would run around free while the earth was being born
And the loveliest of all was the Unicorn.
Chorus: There were green alligators and long necked geese,
some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees,
some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born,
the loveliest of all was the Unicorn.
Now God seen some sinnin and it gave him pain,
He said "Stand back. I'm going to make it rain"
He said "Hey, Brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do - Build me a floating zoo!"
And there were green alligators and long necked geese,
some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees,
some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born,
don't you forget my Unicorns.
Old Noah was there to answer the call,
he finished up building the ark just as the rain started falling,
he marched in the animals two by two,
and he called out as they went through.
Oh, Lord, I've got your green alligators and long necked geese,
your humpty-backed camels and your chimpanzees,
your cats and rats and elephants, but Lord I'm so forlorn ,
I just dont see no Unicorns.
Noah looked out through the driving rain,
them Unicorns were hiding, playing silly games.
Kicking & splashin as the rain was pourin -
Oh, them silly Unicorns.
There was green alligators and long necked geese,
some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees,
Noah cried "close the door - the rain is pourin -
we just can't wait for no Unicorns".
The ark started movin, it drifted with the tide
the Unicorns looked up from the rocks and they cried.
The waters came down and sort of floated them away and
that's why you'll never see a unicorn to this very day.
You'll see green alligators and long necked geese,
some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees,
some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born,
you're never going to see no Unicorns.

dude. I wish I could have a grey streak like Stacy!!!!! :( jealousy...
ReplyDeletelol yea i know. That's just how I roll. :)
ReplyDeleteI have a gray patch...if I pulled out my gray patch I would look ridiculous...
ReplyDeletehaha did steph give you gray hair?
ReplyDeleteI am at least twice as old as all of ya all and I have absolutely no....yes I said no gray hair!! I guess that is what good clean living does for a gal :-)
ReplyDelete