About Me

My photo
Ordinary girl with extraordinary dreams

Monday, June 15, 2009

I do it for love.

So a couple of weekends ago Mam and Badad came to visit me. This weekend they're at a Groves Family Reunion but I have no idea what's going on there. All I did was send a greeting. But I'm convinced the relatives are full of lies about me now.

So Mam and Badad came showed up on Friday June 5, and here's what we did:

  • Eat at Red Robin, Ruby River Steakhouse, MacCool's, Texas Roadhouse, Oasis and Paradise Bakery <--- best cookies EVER!
  • Soccer game at the new Rio Tinto Stadium - we saw a flyby, parachuters, a lousy soccer game against Colorado Rapids and a mini David Archuleta concert (American Idol native UT winner ... or something like that)
  • Ikea shopping - i got a dresser
  • dining room table shopping - I got a dining room table! (finally)
  • had dinner with Robyn and Pat
  • went shopping at Coldwater Creek so Mam could get her fix
  • went to the airport together.

It was a really fun weekend but on the downside, I didn't realize I was homesick until they showed up. wasn't very nice of them! ;)

Luckily I seem to be learning more and more at work (who knew?) and seem to actually be retaining some of it. It also looks like I'm going to get started at a new project that just got approved - still at the smelter just in a different area. I also found out that T&I has a plan for me so that's nice to hear. I may get to do some traveling in the next year or so which would be AMAZING! but only time will tell.

I'm having company from Rapid this weekend and we're headed down to Elko for the motorcycle Jamboree. Carly said it was a good time last year so I'm looking forward to it. Then the weekend after next, Carly, Robyn and I are off to San Diego! I'll try to get my hands on a camera or some pictures so I can add them here or direct you to a facebook album.

Hope you all are doing good - I'm looking forward to coming home in July to see you! :)

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Homesick? You miss me that much!!! AWWWWW!

    ReplyDelete

Followers