Life's been good here in ol' SLC except for the accident that occurred last friday - I got hit by a guy crossing traffic but since I may or may not have crossed a double yellow line to get into the turn lane (I swear I didn't), I may have to take some of the negligence blame. I didn't get a citation and nobody got hurt, so I guess that's a plus. Frustrating as it may be, I'm trying to forgive the guy. It's a lot harder to do that I expected, but I'm sure one day I will.
Work gets better each day. I'm getting more comfortable with my tasks and my co-workers. Still don't know anything relatively but I'm learning, and hopefully providing some value. I no longer dread coming to work everyday and hope that this is more of how it will be than the other way around.
As far as my sorry excuse for a social life, I am now in 2 choirs (Salt Lake Choral Artists and Sandy City Choir) and take a pilates class every Monday night. I spend most weekends either traveling and/or with Carly either here or in Elko. This past weekend she was here, she's coming next weekend and I think I'm spending the last 2 weekends of Oct in Elko with her as celebrating halloween there will be more entertaining than here I imagine. I'm not sure what I'll be going as, but you can be sure that there will be pictures. I have some ideas but I don't want to spoil things by telling you ahead of time.
Concert this weekend! the Salt Lake Choral Artists are having a concert Saturday October 17 at 7:30pm in Libby Gardner Hall on the U of U campus titled "Made In America." We're singing American folk songs and it should be a fun time! I'm looking forward to it but I'm worried about whether my dress will fit - I'll find out tomorrow I guess.
Nothing else to report really ... I'm looking forward to coming home for christmas and have been watching ticket prices. I sure hope they go down soon.
I wish I had more to say or share with you, but I suppose this will have to do for now.
Until next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment