(I feel like there should be a news theme running now … like the one that sounds like paper printing so please imagine this in your head as you say to yourself “weekend update!”)
Good morning and welcome back to Kristi’s blog. It’s now time for an update from last weekend from Kristi herself. She’s at the office right now … let’s transfer to her. Hi Kristi! Can you tell us what’s been happening in your world lately?
Hi Chevy! I sure can!
Last weekend was amazing. I had such a good time with Chase :) He got to my place Friday evening and we had a lovely meal at chez moi – and I made my first loaf of bread! I was so proud! We also had Velveeta shells and cheese, corn and homemade ice cream!
![]() |
| my first loaf of bread! |
Saturday we got up early (like 630!) to take back Chase’s rental car and head over to REI for the garage sale at 9am! I’ve never been to a garage sale at REI but it has interesting organization. As long as you’re a member and you arrive before the beginning of the sale, you are handed a playing card. At the beginning of the sale, the cards are shuffled and the first to get in to the sale are those that match the first card that is picked out of the deck. It’s an ingenious way to assure that you don’t have to get there at dawn to be the first one in to the sale! They only allow so many into the sale at a time because of fire codes. Chase scored a little dynogrip to strengthen his forearms for climbin’ and a sweet tent! I picked up some half price climbing shoes with carly in mind. Then we stopped inside the regular REI store and got Chase all the gear he’s missing for his climbing class in CA this weekend. Afterwards we headed downtown to the salt palace convention center thinking to stop by the outdoor retailer convention in town but by the time we got there (around 1) they were already tearing down. Good thing neither of us checked the times and dates for the convention, but in our defense, what convention only goes during the week and doesn’t stay open on Saturday?? So instead we went to the Gateway to stop at Dick’s and Sur la Table before heading south to Cabela’s. We stopped at Wendy’s for dinner (exotic, I know) and then to get a waterproof journal at Cabela’s for Chase’s climbing class. We stopped at home to get our climbing gear and then headed back to REI for some climbing at the gym!
Sunday we got to sleep in a little bit (thank god!) before getting up and going to get some food at the Belgian Waffle and Omelet Inn. Here’s my review on it in case you want my true feelings on the place. Let’s just say I’ve eaten at better places.
Belgian Waffle and Omelet Inn reviews on Yelp.com
After breakfast we went to sugarhouse to visit the Patagonia outlet where Chase picked up a pair of thin pants (which turned out to be too small – why can’t boys try things on?! Haha). Then we went out to the airport to rent a car because the repairs on Chase’s car still weren’t done. After we rented the car … frankly, I can’t remember what we did. I just know we ate dinner at Five Guys. Oh well. Another wonderful weekend with a wonderful person :)
In other news, Judy Steece has sent Kristi a pink bracelet! Thanks for the bracelet Mam! And no, it's not for making my commute fancy ...
Also, check out this amazing sunrise! That is one of the only perks of getting up early and going to work while the sun is rising. :) Now, back to you, Chevy!
![]() |
| Sunrise from the KUC parking lot |
Thanks Kristi! And that's all the time we have for today. Tune in next week for the weekend update. I'm Chevy Chase, and you're not.
Ciao,
K




I love it. Thank you Chevy Chase!
ReplyDelete