I spent last weekend in Elko with Carly and Graeme. Tara, Pat, Scott and Any went with me for the weekend too :) We spent Friday night at Carly and Graeme's with their friends from work. It's always fun to meet new people! We were up really late so we didn't do much the next day but my body clock is starting to get annoying - I was up by 730am after going to bed near 4am! yikes! Saturday night we went for dinner at the flying fish sushi restaurant, which was really good. Best seared tuna steak I ever tasted. yum! After dinner we went next door to the Stray Dog Bar and had a few drinks, did some karaoke (yes, even me!) and hung out with friends before heading to the Horseshoe for some dancing! We had loads of fun and another late late night. We headed out of town after a late breakfast on Sunday and drove from some decent, sunny weather straight into snow. Not exactly the type of welcome I had hoped for!
Wednesday night Tara, Reyna, Troy (Reyna's Fiance), Jessica and I went to a 3-part Anthony Bourdain inspired cooking class to learn about cooking basics, with a french twist. We learned how to make a french omelette (my first omelette ever!), a basic tomato sauce, knife basics, vegetable preparation, basic salad dressing, rice pilaf, and basic mashed potatoes. We all had a ton of fun, ate too much and learned a lot. I can't wait for next Wednesday!
Tara's friend Caroline was visiting this week from CO and they invited me out Fri and Sat night. Friday, Tara, Caroline, Reyna and I went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack (either I suck at ordering or they suck at cooking ... ) and the movie Limitless with Bradley Cooper. I liked the movie but the ending was kinda stupid.
Saturday night, I joined Scott, Any, Tara, Caroline and their new friend Jen at Gracie's downtown. It was fun of hipsters and general trend that I'm not sure I fit in with, but we had a good time talking (with what we could hear of each other) and people watching. I didn't get home until around 2am and slept very late today :)
Ciao,
Kristi

No comments:
Post a Comment