About Me

My photo
Ordinary girl with extraordinary dreams

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Don't worry, be happy :) - Bobby McFerrin

Here I am, the proud new renter of an apartment, one step closer to renouncing my SD citizenship and becoming a UT resident. Sad day for all South Dakotans, I'm sure :)



My apartment is amazing, however, I have to say that over the past week and a half I've glorified it in my head a little more than it deserves. I decided to paint one of my dining room walls "heartthrob" red (which you can imagine is pretty bold) and one living room wall "latte" which is a nice tan color. I am quite a fan of the paint and am SOOOOO glad that I did it - it really makes things more personalized.

Pat and I went to NV this past weekend to see Carly and Cyrus leaving Saturday morning when Pat got off work. 3 hours isn't a long drive until you're the only one awake! I spent the day with Carly, shopping for a couch and TV for her. Dinner was at a Basque restaurant called the Star which has pretty good "homecookin" and a great atmosphere, which is good because you're liable to wait for an hour or two for a table! We went to a classy bar called The Office after dinner (and if you know Elko, you know that all the bars there are classy - ha!) and met some of Carly and Cyrus' work friends. Carly and I can proudly claim that we are the worst pool players ever, having gotten bored with how long our game was taking and abandoning the last 5 billiards balls for some lucky pool shark. We then proceeded to another bar to play skee ball, which turned out to be amazing, much to my surprise. Our weekend ended with a late breakfast Sunday and another long drive home - again, not so long if others are awake! (just teasin Pat)

I look around today at the empty cubicle land and wonder if anyone had much work to do today besides me, since I didn't show up yesterday. I will be glad when I have some of this stuff in my head rather than having to spend the entire day reading research papers. I tend to get distracted easily this way, and I'm not sure that this is the best way to spend my time because of it.

I must finish my personal health and safety improvement plan, which is pertinent to a good performance review, it seems. Have a wonderful day/week!

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers