About Me

My photo
Ordinary girl with extraordinary dreams

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kristy are you doing ok? - the Offspring


THIS BLOG IS SPONSORED BY AND DEDICATED TO PATRICK, WHO, IN MY HOUR OF NEED, SHELLED OUT SOME OF HIS HARD EARNED CASH TO HELP A GIRL WHO'S DOWN ON HER LUCK AT THE DMV.


I suppose I'll start this off by saying that I decided to go to a blog instead of my "monthly" emails so that I can post a few times a month, hopefully I'll remember to tell you more things and this will be a little more permanent as emails tend to disappear and I'd like to keep these things.

I'll also do a little explanation of where I am and what I'm doing. Ok so most of you know that I was supposed to go to Australia, but that's not where I am. Due to the economy, I was placed in Salt Lake City, UT just in case I DID get laid off, I wouldn't be stuck in a foreign country. Well, the company's intentions were good, but I was bummed to say the least. So here I am in SLC and about to officially become a UT resident next week when I move into my new apartment! It's lovely, and I'll tell you more about it next week.

I started work on monday with some training for a couple of days and got to my desk officially on Wednesday. That doesn't mean my training is over, just different location. I'm not going to say alot about my technical work because pretty much every thing I work on is confidential and private to the group. This information is sensitive and we don't want it falling into the wrong hands, do we? this is a moment I can actually say "if I told you, I'd have to kill you!" haha I like it...

My desk is pretty much a cubicle, like everyone else's. The building is really nice and environmentally friendly too! Everything in the office is white, brown or red. It's very clean and we even have a clean desk policy which means that we have to lock all our stuff up (mostly papers) before we go home. I work 8-5 everyday, pretty normal stuff. I have the wierdest little file cabinet/chair - yes, I thought the combination was odd too. I'll include a pic when I get it off of my phone and you'll see how strange this thing is. It's a file cabinet that I can lock but it's only about as tall as my knee cap and has red cushion on top. just wierd. And just like TV and movies, there is a woman with a cart that goes by all of the cubicles delivering mail. Seeing her doing that yesterday made me smile. My desk faces the window and has a fantastic view of the mountains and a little man made lake that's going to be really nice in the summer.

I should get back to the old salt mine ... or whatever mine it is I'm working for today. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kritties,

    whats with the comment about DMV, cash and a guy named Patrick....Do I need to come to Salt Lake City and check this guy out?? Sounds like you have 'kinda' settled in, this is a good thing, office and building sounds nice. Knowing you, you more than likely won't be spending much time in the office anyway...not to worry. in the 500 companies they have a policy on paper... handle it once, that way you see it, you get it done and then move on to the next project. Keep us posted as we are excited to see your growth in this new and excititng adventure. Love ya Uncle Stan and Aunt Dorothy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah Pat's a good friend of mine from school who bailed me out ... taxes on new cars are incredibly high and I just didn't have the credit to cover it! :) Thanks for the comment; hope you all are doing well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, just so I dont have to talk to him about "honor", that was nice of him to be a knight in shiney armour for you. Just so happy to read that 'life' is going so well for you.

    love ya U S & A D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings my sweet girl!! I am so happy to hear that you are settling in to your new life!! I can't wait to hear more about SLC and the job. Sabakka and Hondo say, "We Woof You!" and so do the humans in the Landon house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I "woof" you and your humans too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers