Wednesday November 25
I worked the whole day today (well until my boss told me to leave, lol) and then I hit the road for Boise, ID. The traffic was awful until I passed Ogden, UT; after which, there was barely any traffic on the road. Then it was smooth sailing and I beat Carly to our hotel by about 10 minutes. We stayed at the Modern Hotel on Grove and 13th - used to be a travelodge. The decor was retro and minimalistic. Only bad thing was we got to hear everyone's conversation between the bar and the parking lot. That didn't rock so much.
Thursday November 26
We ate breakfast at the continental breakfast at the hotel which consisted of freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh croissants and raspberry jam, freshly brewed coffee, granola, and yogurt. Delish. Afterwards, we headed to the old Union Pacific Depot for some prime photo opportunities. After many self portraits and timed photos (which are hilarious- check them out on facebook: ) we met Elizabeth (Carly's Elko friend) and her friends Tom and Tim (lol I know, it made me laugh too) at the grocery store for some last minute shopping. Beware WinCo first time shoppers: they DO NOT take credit. only debit, cash and checks. I think they're a little behind the times and got to feel retarded as I told her I only had enough cash for part of what I wanted. We walked back to Tim's to hang out, drink wine, chat, and check out Friday's ads. We had to wait for Tim's gf to show up before we ate, and apparently, wherever she works was busy because she didn't show up until about 10pm. Not that he had dinner ready by that time, of course. We ended up eating after 11pm. Carly and I were beat and Elizabeth didn't feel well so we agreed to cancel our 4am shopping plans; the ads weren't that great this year.
BLACK Friday November 27
Just because our shopping didn't commence at 4am didn't mean we didn't shop at all. We hit lunch and then the Boise Towne Square Mall for some christmas shopping of our own. I got myself a Christmas present that I've been meaning to get - SKIS! Brand-new gorgeous skis. I'm pretty excited to hit the slopes even if I know I'll be terrible. We ate dinner at an Irish pub called Ha'penny Irish Pub. However, we were glad to be at the pub watching the BSU game instead of outside. It was rainy and miserable all day long.
Saturday November 28
We started the day at the Discovery Center, a hands-on science center where kids learn about weather, electricity, physics, and ... well, science! We played with tons of things from a bed of nails, muscles used to power a bike, mirroring machines, floating balls on air, lifting our own weight, learning how pipe organs and pan pipes work, and so much more. We had a ton of fun in our element and found some lunch at a local pizzeria afterwards with canolis for dessert. yum! we walked around the shops downtown and Carly bought a couple of gorgeous dresses for her holiday party and such. We had dinner at the Bittercreek Alehouse and to our delight, they had hard apple cider on tap. We got back safely and Carly spent the rest of our waking hours admiring her purchases.
Sunday November 29
Sunday didn't amount to much. I picked up my skis and we ate lunch at Arby's before we parted ways and headed to our respective homes.

No comments:
Post a Comment