Dad and Donna visited this last weekend for my SLCA concert (which was a fun concert :)!)
They arrived on Friday morning and I had to miss a personality profile meeting to pick them up. Hated missing that cause I like those! Guess they had to talk about me behind my back. I dropped them off at the Gateway and headed back to work for the day. I then met Dad and Donna after work to have a beer at Squatters and some din-din at the Market Street Grill. Still excellent seafood, just makes me smile to think of the crab cakes I had. Then I went to rehearsal and Dad and Donna found their way back via TRAX and walking to my place.
Saturday was a late start and we had lunch at Paradise Bakery before I dropped Dad and Donna at Trolley Square while I went to the matinee performance of Beatlemania! It certainly surprised me how well it came together and we had very few empty seats, even that afternoon. After the matinee I picked up Dad and Donna at Trolley Square and we went to the Gateway to grab some snackies at the California Pizza Kitchen to tide us over until after the concert. Then it was time for the evening performance of Beatlemania! We had such a good time. Not being a Beatles fan myself, it really is fun music to sing. The SLCA premiered the Young SLCA choir (~70 members!). they'll be a part of SLCA from now on. They Young SLCA sang when I'm 64 - so cute! also on the concert agenda besides the concert choir, the women's choir and chamber choir, was a 5 man a capella group called T minus 5. I thought they were really good and very entertaining. the band that played was a Beatles tribute band called Get Back! very fun as well i've come to the conclusion that instrumentalists are not as much into the entertaining as singers ... it's interesting. pay attention next time. you might conclude the same thing. We had dinner at the Cheesecake factory (yum!) and then headed home
Sunday was another late start. Lunch was at the Red Rooster Waffle house. gosh i love their hollandaise sauce. Afterwards we went to the Living Planet Aquarium for a few hours and the South Towne Mall to pass time. Dinner was at Noodles and Co. (also so good. love eating at my favorite places. I need more favorites) and then I dropped them off at the airport and sent them home. I then proceeded to rehearsal for the Sandy City Choir where we're doing the comedic musical Trial by Jury by Gilbert and Sullivan. Here's someone else doing it on Youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ocECNkSIr4
I do the part of Angelina, the plantiff. It should be fun. but more on that at a later date.
Ciao!

No comments:
Post a Comment