About Me

My photo
Ordinary girl with extraordinary dreams

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vegas Baby!

Don't worry, I didn't marry a stranger only to get it all annulled 24 sobering hours later.

It was Carly's work friend Elizabeth's birthday so 7 of us, including me, met in Vegas to celebrate. The others were all from Elko so I was the odd man out. I got to Vegas last late Friday night after work. Pretty much immediately after dropping off my luggage, we walked over to a nightclub called Jet in the Mirage for some party time. We had to wait about 20 minutes to get in, but that was minimal compared to the other lines. (elizabeth got us an invite cause it was her bday : ) We danced our butts off and Carly and I met Borat and his friend Harry Potter. Borat told me loads of stories including his pick-up story, asking me if he looked like a drug dealer. Now there's a keeper. We slipped away unscathed luckily and met the nicest man from Melbourne, Australia just looking for a bit of a chat. We went back to the room and I dropped off to sleep pretty quickly since I had almost been up for 24 hours - doesn't suit us old ladies.

Saturday morning I got up around 9am - my internal clock would NOT give me a break! So i got ready and wandered over to the Venetian while Carly and Elizabeth slept in. I met them back at the MGM Grand a few hours later (we stayed at the MGM Signature). Carly and I ventured off on our own. We went to M&M world, saw the fountains at the Belagio, The Grand Canyon experience, Paris (where we got drinks in plastic Eiffel towers!) and then met the gang for a late lunch at Margaritaville. Then Carly and I stopped at some shops in Planet Hollywood and headed back for some relaxation before we went out again. We had tickets to Cirque de Soleil's Zumanity! It showed in New York, New York, and it was very sexy, very naked, hilarious, impressive and fuN! We had awesome seats and got a good view of the show. It celebrated sexuality in every shape and form which was very positive. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Afterwards we were all starving so we headed to a nearby Denny's (they say that was all that was open, but I don't believe them) and then back to the room for some well deserved shut-eye.

We got up around 930 to get ready and check out sunday morning. Everyone had to drive back (although one car had already left) and they wanted to understandably hit the road. We had lunch on the hotel in one of the hotel restaurants before we said our goodbyes. My flight didn't leave until that night so I wandered from MGM down the strip through New York, New York, took the monorail to the Mirage. I then traveled from the Mirage to Treasure Island that I mysteriously came upon. After that I walked to the Fashion Show Mall taking in the strip and finally ended my journey at the Wynn hotel where I got a cab to the airport a little early cause my feet were killing me after a weekend of walking. I had a connection in Long Beach with about a half-hour layover so it was less like a connection and more like a nap interrupted.

Over all, good weekend had by all.

1 comment:

Followers