I’m becoming a little lazy with this – I know I have to post on Fridays so I just wait until Friday to post about the last weekend. Sad, I know, but whatcha gonna do? :)
So last weekend I had my summer choir workshop. I participated in a workshop called Music from the south: negro spirituals, gospel music and jazz. It was pretty fun – we did a gospel mass (catholic, so I already knew all the words haha), a 4 movement jazz piece with a 3 person jazz group, and a couple spirituals. They were pretty fun but my favorite was one of the jazz movements called No words. It’s lyrics “no, no, no words. No instruments to keep us on pitch. No, no, no words. It’s only music.” Hilariously awesome. Chase came down on Friday night and kept me company between my rehearsal times on Saturday which was 9-12, 2-5 and the concert was 7:30-8:30ish. We had a nice picnic for dinner that I cooked but Chase was nice enough to pack for me while I was singing :) Afterwards we went home and watched a movie, but I was so pooped I fell asleep during it! Not typically my M.O. but I was wore out!
Sunday we lazed around in bed all morning, and had lunch at Schlotzky’s (sp??) deli. Seriously funny name. Anyway, after lunch we went up to Snowbird, stopping on the way up to admire the melting runoff flowing down the canyon and climb a giant boulder on the side of the road. We bought tickets to ride the zipline at Snowbird, which I thought would be faster/more exciting than it was, but I was pleased with the silliness of the event. Since it was father’s day, the mountain was packed with sunbathers, families, and skiers. Odd combination, but it was cool to see people carrying skis next to someone in a bikini. We went back down and went to the climbing gym Momentum at REI so I could learn more about rock climbing. It was pretty fun although my forearms hurt pretty bad afterwards! We left when it closed at 6pm and hung out for a while longer before I was abandoned :(
My weekends are so awesome; they make some of my weeks turn their heads in shame! Next up, Zion!
Ciao,
K

No comments:
Post a Comment