About Me

My photo
Ordinary girl with extraordinary dreams

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sept 10-12

A weekend alone at home … it seems like my weekend in Michigan was years ago. Or at least months ago … it’s hard to believe it was just last weekend. Maybe I’m just resigning myself to how things are going to be over this next year and doing the best I can with what I’ve got.
This weekend was not very exciting. I didn’t do much on Friday night … in fact, I went to bed early and got some much needed rest.

I woke up early on Saturday morning (6am!) and worked on some of my projects. I can’t describe them here … it’s a surprise. Then I proceeded to bake up a storm! I made buttermilk biscuits, olive oil bread dough, and brownies with PB chips. Then later, after my dough had risen, I made wild mushroom and potato pizza. SOOOO delicious! I can’t believe how well it turned out! And I can’t wait to make bread with this dough … the crust was undoubtedly my favorite part! I stopped at Walmart and Hobby Lobby for a couple things for my baking and projects later in the day and got some redbox movies to keep me occupied for the evening.

Sunday I got up to Pat’s phone call asking if I wanted to join him for brunch.  We went to Eggs in the City in Sugarhouse. It was tasty! Afterwards we stopped at REI and I got some clearance skiing gloves for the winter. When I got home, it was time for me to Skype into Amanda’s bridal shower! It was a pampered chef party and I think it creeped out the pampered chef lady to have me on the screen watching her all the time … oh well. I watched everyone check out the products she brought and Amanda cook some food! Amanda really did cook! I saw it with my own eyes! ;)  When people started leaving, I “left” too and went and watched a movie. I dug up some burnt popcorn and a brownie for dinner (you’re jealous, I know, but after yesterday’s gourmet food, I didn’t cook today. I’m just one extreme or the other … ) Amanda and I talked some more on Skype and then Chase and I did our Skype thing too before heading to bed.

In line with most of my solitary weekends, I watched a lot of movies.  I watched Gentlemen prefer blondes (oh Marilyn Monroe, how you get those men’s hearts palpitating!), Housesitter with Steven Martin and Goldie Hawn (what a ridiculous pair!), Date Night with Steve Carell and Tina Fey (surprisingly funny!), the Tooth Fairy with the Rock (I couldn’t wait for this one to end!), and The Informant with Matt Damon (not that great … I kept thinking it was going to be good but Matt Damon’s character was a shmuck).

Ciao!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers